Thursday, April 3, 2014

The future

Graduation is looming around the corner. In last than a month, I will be Kelly Marie, MPA. Yet, I'm having a lot of trouble getting excited about it. I find myself struggling to find a job and it seems like a hopeless endeavor. I know that I love writing and I love the law, so eventually I want to get back to law school, but that cannot happen until I find a job and pay some bills off. I've tried Indeed, Craiglist, Monster, and basically any other website and I've even tried recruiting offices, but nothing. I'm just not sure how to market myself to get a job right now. My brother said that I should take off my MPA because it makes me seem that I might be overqualified and employers are wary to pay someone more or to train them and then they leave for a better job.

I saw my back surgeon today and that's slightly disappointing. I'm serving while I finish school and suddenly on Saturday my back just started killing and it hasn't been the same. I have to get an MRI with dye and it's looking like either nerve damage or a herniated disc. Hopefully we can figure it out and I get some answers soon because I would love to not have back pain so frequently at 27 years old. I feel like I can't even live the life of a normal woman in her late 20s because I'm in so much pain. I want to do so many different things that my back prevents from happening. I want to run a half marathon, start boxing again and just be in shape but it's not going to happen any time soon. I'm not looking for sympathy; this just gets old fast.

I've been talking to somebody who has made me happier than I've been in a while. I haven't had to take anxiety medication since we met and I look forward to talking to him. Thinking about him immediately puts a goofy smile on my face, but I wouldn't have it any other way. T has made my life immensely better and I thank God every day that we met because there's no other way I can explain it, but fate. Neither of us wanted to be where we met that day, but both of us went anyways and I haven't stopped smiling since that night.  Hopefully, things are going to continue to go well.

"I'll be counting stars.."

0 comments: