Friday, March 14, 2014

Judgment

"Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't live to be, but before you start pointing fingers? Make sure your hands are clean." - Bob Marley

My life has been nothing, but a giant mess lately, but I'm sick of everyone thinking they have the right to judge it. I know that my life is a disaster, but I'm spending as much time as I can working on bettering myself.  If you don't know the struggles that I'm dealing with on a constant basis then maybe, just maybe, you don't know anything about me or my life right now. I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan, but I am a country fan and so that song came on the station and I realized how fitting it was for me in that moment. 

"You with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me. You have knocked my off my feet again. Got me feeling like I'm nothing. You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard, calling me out when I'm wounded. You picking on the weaker man. You can take me down with just one single blow. But you don't know, what you don't know...Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city, and all you're ever gonna be is mean. Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me. And all you're ever gonna be is mean. Why you gotta be so mean? You, with your switching sides and your wildfire lies and your humiliation. You have pointed out my flaws again, as if I don't already see them."

I know I have flaws and I know they need to be worked on, but that doesn't give anyone the right to judge who I am as a person.  I know people have things worse off than me, but if you have NO clue what I am going through, then just stop. Stop making judgments based off of what other people say or a quick snapshot of a moment. I guess all this stuff makes for good portions of my book.  I'd rather spend my time working on my own flaws than judging others. Maybe more people should consider that and there wouldn't be so much friction in this damn country.  I am so sick of people acting like they know anything about me when they won't even take the time to listen to what I have to say. STOP. Just, stop. If you refuse to listen and you only hear what you want to hear than why would I want to entrust my feelings to you? This isn't geared to one specific person, but a whole group of people in my life that think they know what's best for me. Because newsflash - you don't. I go to therapy to work on my issues and I am aware of them, but it is only my judgment and God's judgment that matters. And by the way? I'm liking the person I'm becoming, especially with my blonde hair back :)


0 comments: