Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Revenge
"The Lord continuously does what is right, executing justice for all who are being oppressed." Psalm 103:6 (ISV)
My twenties, have probably been the worst years of my life, and it has me thinking that something has to change, right? My life can't be this bad forever, can it? I can't be doomed to eternal hell on earth until I die? I finally thought 2014 was going to be MY year. A year when I overcame my struggles and dealt with my demons. However, something happened recently that has me dealing with a lot of pain and suffering. It has hurt me more than my divorce, and more than any hospital ordeal that I've been through (and there have been multiple). I've sat here and wondered, do I report it? The important people in my life know and we deal with it day by day. My therapist knows and I talk to him about it. But is it my responsibility to prevent this from happening to someone else? Do I warn them about what could happen to them? I'm being specifically vague because what actually happened is something that nobody should announce in a public forum. But it had me thinking about justice. What does that person get for putting me through another circle of Dante's Hell (and by the way, after all these years, have I reached the fucking seventh circle yet, because it sure seems like it). Then I realized, I am not a person to seek revenge. I am not a person of rage and anger. I am hurt and I am suffering, but through therapy, writing and time, I can work on that. It is not my job to seek justice for the suffering that has been caused upon me. It is my job to overcome it and remember that God does not give us what we cannot handle. And so it is with that faith that I wake each day and remember that God will seek justice for me and I will stay on my own path to becoming a better person and member of society each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment