Monday, July 22, 2013

Writer's Block

I always can start a story. I sit down and I write a few pages of an opening, but after that my mind goes blank. Then I start to think of a completely new story or a part of the other story that doesn't fit in sequentially to what I'm going to write. I think it's because I have so much other bullshit running through my head that my creative outlet has been used to get all that crap out of my head.  

I've decided that I want to re-focus my energy into my writing. Not just on my blog, so that I can get the anxious or random thoughts out, but my real writing. I've wanted to write a book since I was 6 years old. I even did when I was younger. It wasn't bad either (for a child), but it got misplaced over the years. I filled an entire old school black and white notebook with my words.  Like I've said, there's just something about the power of words that I enjoy. When writing fiction, or writing anything really, I have control. I have control of what my audience reads and if it's fiction, I have complete control - over plot, character development, and just everything. It helps center my anxiety, which I realize is greatest when I lack control of a situation.

So since I'm unemployed, and have no real ability to work because of my medical situation, I've decided to dedicate at least one hour a day to my novel. I've also realized I don't have to write sequentially and I can piece scenes that I think of together later on, so I believe that will help me get more accomplished.  Hopefully, I can hold myself to this goal/task because I would like to get it complete before my 28th birthday which is October 2014.  I will give myself the weekends off, but I'm buying a new moleskin notebook (to carry a little Hemingway inspiration with me), in case I come across any ideas randomly. 

Here goes nothing!

0 comments: